A leading property investment and development company have instructed Beach Baker to recruit an Industrial Asset Management Director to oversee a team of Industrial Asset Managers located in the West Midlands. The successful post-holder will work with the Asset Managers and senior management team to enhance the firm's commitment to improving returns and asset growth through strategic asset management, refurbishment and development of their assets.
This is a senior level position that will drive forward the direction and performance of the industrial portfolio. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for a large industrial portfolio and therefore be accountable for strategic leadership of a team of Asset Managers. The industrial portfolio is centred on a few large industrial estates and contains a mix of national and independent occupiers.
It’s vital the Asset Management Director encourages the Asset Managers to build strong relationships with their tenants, which may often involve accompanying them to tenant meetings and visiting each property to get an idea of value enhancement and asset management opportunities.
- Preparing & presenting performance reports for the division to the Managing Director and Chairman.
- Overseeing and supporting the Asset Managers with their lease re-gearing, renewals, rent reviews and management of void properties including their marketing & negotiating new lease terms.
- Working with the AM’s to identify opportunities to add value through repositioning assets through refurbishment & redevelopment.
- Supporting and working with the AM’s with their capital works projects, refurbishments & dilapidations.
Skills /Qualifications Required:
- Member of RICS – 15+ years PQE.
- Proven Industrial Asset Management experience essential (ideally working for a property company).
- Excellent work ethic, communication, interpersonal, organisational & time management skills.
- Commercially minded, astute and market aware.
Please speak to Rupert Stuart-Baker on 07557 978873 or email email@example.com.