Customer Services Executive
Location: Head Office, Huddersfield, possibility of Remote Working.
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday-Friday
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Our client is a leading provider of language editing and author services. With 20 years of experience in China, the business is recognized globally as the trusted partner for sales and marketing representation and consultancy for STM publishers internationally and across the Chinese academic market. The Group celebrated its 90th anniversary in 2018.
We continue to develop our industry-leading author services through investment in technology to enrich the author journey, improve author engagement, develop a range of new products for authors and introduce workflow efficiencies in terms of both time and cost for the STM publisher community.
Most of the work is done through emails. A typical day will involve:
Checking, prioritising and responding to emails: authors requesting a quote, an update on an existing order, advice on our services, special requests, editors contacting us for additional information on existing orders, or about their availability for work.
Key Activities and Responsibilities of the Customer Service Executive:
· Assessing orders from academic non-native speakers of English; communicating with authors clearly and accurately.
· Assigning work to freelance editors according to set criteria (subject field, availability).
· Understanding and triaging communications with authors and editors. Responding in a timely and professional manner, using email templates and adapting them as required; escalating more difficult queries to another member of the UK team if necessary.
· Assisting authors and editors with queries regarding orders, and resolving queries efficiently and courteously.
· Administering author accounts and activities through the editorial production cycle in consultation with the Customer Services Team to ensure the smooth and accurate management of work, on time and to high levels of quality.
· Assisting in any other customer services team-related activities, as necessary.
Key Competencies of the Customer Service Executive:
· Organisational skills - ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Attention to quality, detail and accuracy.
· Communication skills - ability to work as part of a team; customer focused.
· Adaptability - ability to adjust to changing role demands - flexible approach.
· Initiative - ability to use initiative to work around novel challenges and opportunities.
· Educated to a minimum of a Degree level (essential)
· Impeccable written English (spelling/grammar)
· Computer literate; familiarity with MS Office
· Previous experience in a customer service role or copy editing role would be advantageous, as would experience of dealing with non-native speakers of English.
· Knowledge of a foreign language at any level would be useful, but not essential.
Ongoing training and support will be provided to develop knowledge of relevant policies and procedures and to develop proficiency in the systems required to deliver our high-quality author services.
If you are interested in the position and have the required experience, please apply to the position and we will consider your application. For more information, please call the Stafflex Office team on 01484 351010 to speak to Anna or Aiden.