Estates Manager (client- side), Lancaster, Up to £40,000 pa + 25 day holidays, Pension & Life Assurance & Private Health
A unique opportunity to work on one of the country's most prestigious landed estates, based in the North West of England.
A Rural Surveyor is required to support the Rural Surveyor of Lands: North of England in the day to day management and strategic delivery of projects across The Foreshore & Yorkshire Surveys. The Yorkshire Survey extends to over 6,608 hectares including residential & commercial properties and farms.
Working in a small team the role will be based at Lancaster Castle and will involve travel across the north of England.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets, management reports and business plans
- Managing land and property assets to maintain health and safety and compliance standards
- Protecting and enhancing the natural resources on the Surveys
- Building meaningful and professional relationships with our tenants as key stakeholders to our business
- Enacting strategic priorities determined by the Rural Business Plan and other enterprise-led business plans
- Acting as a local ambassador to enhance the Duchy's reputation as the business partner and landlord of choice
- Preparing performance measurement reports and analysing income and capital performance against defined budgets, benchmarks and targets
- Identifying small development sites for planning and secure consent taking appropriate support as necessary
- Supporting and assisting with the promotion and delivery of larger strategic development sites
- Recommending sales and acquisitions as appropriate.
As a key member of the team you will work closely with colleagues to deliver the annual profit and loss account, bring forward ideas to grow net revenue and enhance the capital value of the Surveys and take an active role in reviewing the Surveys' Risk Register.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to demonstrate:
- A genuine affinity with and passion for rural business.
- The enthusiasm and energy necessary to develop a thorough understanding of the built and natural environment across the estates.
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in the quality of your work.
- The ability to work in a small team with the confidence to interface with senior management.
- First-class interpersonal skills, with the ability to forge good relationships both internally and externally.
- The ability to communicate effectively and at all levels, seeking support, assistance and training as appropriate.
- Experience of operating in demanding and challenging environments with tight deadlines
- A genuine appreciation of the heritage of the Duchy and its role in supporting The Sovereign.
The preferred candidate should be:
- A Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- A Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV)
- The owner of proven IT/ Excel skill (previous use of QUBE is an advantage)
- The holder of a clean driving licence
- Living within an easily commutable distance of Lancaster.
Presentation of the shortlist will be 3 rd April on with first round interview to be carried on 9 th April and final stage the 17 th April.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Rural Surveyor looking to take step up to the next stage in his/her career.