One of the market leading health care teams in London.
An exciting opportunity to join a growing team of highly experienced specialists working on a wide range of Healthcare matters for the NHS and other public and private organisations operating in the Health and social care sector.
The healthcare team regularly advises NHS bodies, private providers and insurers on a range of issues including inquests and public inquiries, best interests applications, claims for judicial review, mental health law, patient care issues, and clinical and corporate governance matters.
Duties may include:
- Inquests (held both with and without a jury) including advocacy
- Court of Protection, treatment and best interest cases including advocacy
- Advising on public law issues such as public and patient involvement and consultation, governance and constitutional issues, judicial review and human rights;
- Advising on matters of general healthcare law including patient complaints, SUI and Ombudsman investigations, and a variety of other health sector legislation and guidance including mental health;
- Advising on care standards legislation and practice and information governance matters.
The candidate will work with other lawyers practising in the healthcare sector and will be expected to identify new products and work streams relevant to clients and develop new business.
- Law degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within healthcare law
- Proven experience of Inquests
- Experience in Court of Protection/inherent jurisdiction work
- Familiarity with issues relevant to organisations in the health and social care sector
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.