Working for this multi-billion-pound market leading company as a Lead Electrical Engineer means receiving a benefits package including 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, up to 16% combined pension and more. Progression is a genuine opportunity with this company given their ambitious but stable growth and investment strategy.
Taking this opportunity as a Lead Electrical Engineer would mean working for a marketing leading manufacturing company with several sites across the UK. The purpose of the role is to Act as the "Engineer In Charge" per the Business High Voltage Rules, providing technical expertise for all high voltage aspects.
Responsibilities of the Lead Electrical Engineer
- Manage High Voltage resources to meet standards in plant availability, costs, and performance.
- Collaborating with Transmission and Distribution network Operators, coordinating activities related to external and internal high voltage networks.
- Offer a strategic view of long-term requirements for existing assets and future site developments.
- Work with the Procurement team, negotiate contracts with suppliers for service and equipment, aiming for desired standards in service and cost.
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety, and environmental laws, oversee that engineering teams adhere to these standards.
- Organise training for the engineering team, promoting a safety-conscious and technically competent workforce.
For this Lead Electrical Engineer role, the preferred candidate should ideally have a degree, although a minimum of an HNC in Electrical Engineering is acceptable. Essential qualifications include a minimum of 5 years' experience in maintaining High Voltage infrastructure and a robust technical understanding of electrical principles related to High Voltage utilities supply.
Please apply directly for further information regarding this Lead Electrical Engineer.