About the Job
Linux and HTTP Virtualisation Software Developer
Our Client is looking to recruit a candidate with experience of developing software for the virtual support market.
It is essential that the you can demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS, management & maintenance etc.)
- Knowledge of Configuration Management Automation tools like Chef (also valid Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible)
- Understanding of API documentation, implementation and supporting customers using these
- Expert knowledge of HTTP (including RESTful services)
- Best practice understanding of Hardware, Virtualization, Clustering, High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Security
- Basic IP networking skills
It is also desirable for to be experienced in or familiar with the following (these will become part of the day to day role):
- Virtualisation with KVM / QEMU
- Scripting skills (Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- LAMP (or components of - Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- OpenStack (or similar cloud software platform)
- VMware ESXi Hypervisor
- Data Modelling tools (XML, NETCONF, YANG, JSON)
Must have the ability to break down larger projects into smaller components, and to be able to work independently.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Presentable, good team player, but also able to work effectively alone for periods of time. Highly motivated and self-sufficient. Happy to travel and work away from home from time to time if specific projects require. Preferably drives with own transport.
An aptitude for and enjoyment of problem solving. Good time management, and the ability to accurately estimate time required to complete outstanding tasks.
The position is based at home with occasional travel to the company offices and/or to client sites for support or meetings.
Degree-level educated in Computer Science or similar subject.
Please respond with CV to email@example.com in MS Word format, along with your salary expectations.