Mechanical and Electrical Engineer – Hitchin
Our Client is looking to recruit an Engineer with mechanical, electrical engineering & facilities management activities within the pharmaceutical manufacturing centre.
You will have at least 3 to 5 years hands-on experience as a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer ideally with experience of working in a clinical environment.
The following are details of what is expected within this position:
- Partake in the daily management of the CGTMC soft services (waste, cleaning of controlled non-classified (CNC), Grade C and office areas, security, environmental, Health & Safety, landscaping, catering and other contracted services) and minor capital projects
- Ensure full compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation, including Statutory Regulations, Risk Assessments and Method Statements, Contractor Control, Fire Regulations and all other applicable legislation. Partake in the Fire Safety regime including fire evacuation and training for all onsite staff
- Maintain excellent relationships throughout with others on site including CGT & collaborator personnel and service providers and ensure effective feedback and communication is maintained at all times
- Work within the Manufacturing Centre’s multi-disciplinary team and matrix environment to ensure successful delivery of CGT/collaborator projects. Liaise with collaborators and other CGT teams to ensure resources are used efficiently & effectively.
- Actively participate and support business continuity planning
- Personal development – Pursue a programme of continuous personnel development in accordance with any relevant professional registration or statutory requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the immediate line manager, commensurate with the post.
- Experience of working within a GMP Engineering/Facilities management team in a phase III / commercial biologicals, vaccines, cell or gene therapies, pharmaceutical manufacturing facility ideally within a large multifunctional site.
- Experience of working with commercial clients and collaborators
- Proven knowledge of EU/MHRA/HTA/HFEA and FDA regulatory requirements
- Proven knowledge of Environmental and Health and Safety legislation within the pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical industry
- Experienced in first line diagnostics in M & E systems
- Proven understanding of Building Services, M&E systems, building fabric and BMS, EMS systems and operation
- Proven first-hand experience of working with PPM Systems
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Minimum 3 years’ proven experience in a similar role(s)
- Proven ability to work on complex building related issues
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Be resilient and able to work well under pressure, prioritise the workload and work both reactively and pro-actively
- Organised and accurate with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of customer and Management needs
- Previous experience in managing contractor teams and staff
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice
- A good team player with a hands on approach
- Willingness to travel, must be flexible to travel between Stevenage and other London locations.
Education / Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or an equivalent recognised professional technical qualification
- Member of relevant professional institution e.g. CMI, CIBSE, BIFM, CIOB and evidence of continued Professional Development (CPD)
The position will be based in Hitchin Herfordshire.
The salary for this position will be in the range £32K - £37K.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with salary and availability.