Up to £55.000 + bonus & benefits
Currently remote until lockdown restrictions are lifted
We are working with a leading End User Client who are looking for a talented PHP Developer to join their Technology Centre of Excellence in London taking responsibility for building internal web applications (PHP/HTML/CSS/JS) for a multi-disciplined team of SMEs, Data Scientists and Engineers intrinsically involved in the development of unique and authoritative content and data initiatives - it is therefore expected that you have an interest and background in working to transform data into commercial products.
As a PHP Developer, you will be responsible for developing and coding all server-side logic.
You will also be required to maintain the central database and respond to requests from front-end developers.
Ultimately, a top-level PHP Developer can design and build efficient PHP modules while seamlessly integrating front-end technologies.
- 5 years+ experience working on large scale website projects
- Strong experience in PHP7
- Good knowledge working with SQL environments (specifically Postgres, mySQL & derivatives)
- Experience in analyzing user requirements to inform application design
- Excellent understanding of good software engineering practices
- Good understanding of software quality assurance principles
- DevOps knowledge, CI/CD, AWS
- Experience with Docker Containers
- Experience with ReactJS and Python
- Working knowledge of Data warehousing, machine learning (Hadoop, Amazon ML)
- Previous experience with Spark (pySpark) / ETL / real time streaming data processing