Explore a connected marketplace We connect data, markets and customers to create a comprehensive, trusted view of the global commodities markets. For our customers, the intelligence we provide is empowering, which as a result influences thousands of decisions across supply chains every single day. We believe the right culture has the same effect. Our culture empowers our people, giving them the confidence and inspiration they need to achieve their aspirations, thrive on innovation and explore more.
Senior Market Analyst - Power Markets
For 150 years, ICIS has connected markets, data and customers, providing a comprehensive view of global commodity markets. We, at ICIS, focus with our energy intelligence on one over-laying theme - the integration of energy markets as they undergo the challenge of decarbonisation. Each component of the energy spectrum - oil, gas, LNG, electricity, renewables, carbon, hydrogen - is integral to decarbonisation and so at ICIS we have specialised market expertise on all pieces of the puzzle to ensure our clients get the very best integrated energy intelligence. Capitalising on our global and local presence, our deep market understanding, and specialised expertise, we help businesses respond to volatile markets in the short and medium term, enabling clients to predict how current fundamentals will impact energy prices in the coming days or weeks. Our growing data, intelligence and forecasting capabilities form a big part of helping clients build resilient strategies. We continue to invest in our people, technology, and infrastructure to bring together the most comprehensive and integrated view of the energy markets. The energy transition has already begun. As integrated energy experts, we are ready. Are you?
We are looking for a Senior Power Market Analyst to join our Integrated Energy Team, either in London or Karlsruhe, Germany. You will work closely with our team of modellers and analysts to produce forward-looking analysis of European power markets, with an emphasis on mid-term developments. The role requires excellent quantitative skills, as well as an ability to produce stories to deadline and to interact with both our clients and the wider media to share your insights. As a Senior Analyst, you will have demonstrable professional experience in the energy sector, preferably in a trading arm of a utility, oil & gas company, consultancy or analytics provider. You would be able to immediately adopt a leadership role within the team, managing projects and junior members of the team. We work in a dynamic, project-oriented setting, which allows space for innovation and guarantees a high individual responsibility and project ownership. You will benefit from our power modelling/analysis expertise as well as range of modelling experience across the wider energy nexus.
- Analyse and forecast mid-term developments in European power markets (Month+1 to Year +3)
- Identifying trends and price drivers and responding quickly to the market events to produce data-driven analysis
- Lead new projects to expand our product offerings, from inception to delivery
- Work closely with our modelling team to assess questions in European power markets and deliver quantitative and qualitative insights based on the model results
- Frequent interaction with clients and international media, as well as promoting thought leadership through regular presentations at external events
- Manage and train junior analysts on the team
- Tracking political and regulatory developments for European power markets and turning the information into relevant analytics for our clients
- Researching primary data in European energy markets and converting them to meaningful assumptions for our mid- and long-term fundamental market modelling
Key skills required
- Significant experience at a leading trading house, energy company, consultancy, financial services company or similar
- Excellent research and writing abilities, with experience of both qualitative and quantitative analysis and a proven track record of delivering detailed analytical content on European power markets
- Extensive experience in client-facing communication, through personal contact and via various media applications
- Demonstrable experience of managing and training
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA, as well as European language skills an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience of long-term power forecasting to 2040/2050 an advantage
- A vibrant working environment in a dynamic, inclusive, ambitious, and committed team
- Exposure to key market players in the global energy markets
- Personal development opportunities working for the global provider of energy analytics
- Flexibility, loyalty, empowerment, and trust as part of our corporate culture